11 October 2010

China 0-2 DPR Korea

Zibo: Hosts China crashed out of the AFC U-19 Championship at the quarter-final stage as second-half goals from Jong Il-gwan and Pak Song-chol saw DPR Korea claim a 2-0 win at Zibo Sports Centre.

Following an even first period, Jong broke the deadlock in the 51st minute when he burst clear and beat keeper Yan Junling with a low finish.

Pak then doubled the lead two minutes later when the forward ran at the China defence before despatching a shot into the back of the net.

The opening 25 minutes featured plenty of endeavour from both teams but was short on goalmouth action with defences on top as they were able to snuff out any danger with relative ease.

Ri Hyong-jin tried his luck from 30 yards but his shot was well wide before Jang Kuk-chol's cross picked out Jong at the back post but he headed back across goal and China cleared.

Murehemaitijiang Mozhapa's good work down the left ended with a cross that found Li Zhilang at the back post but his volley was parried by Om Jin-song in the 34th minute before Tan Tiancheng's 25-yard shot sailed straight into the arms of the Korean keeper.

Two goals in two minutes early in the second-half then turned the game on its head.

First, Jong broke into the box and managed to steer a finish past keeper Yan and into the corner of the net to give the Koreans the lead.

With the stunned hosts still trying regroup, Pak then embarked on a long run, twisting and turning before accelerating past a defender and beating Yan from the right side of the box.

Tan then headed Murehemaitijiang's cross disappointingly wide when unmarked just after the hour mark and Pak fired a fierce effort over the bar.

Zhang Xizhe's header from Wang Tong's centre was too high and Murehemaitijiang saw his volley held by Om as China desperately looked for a way back into the game.

The Korean keeper had to be brave to come out and smother at Zhu Jianrong's feet with Yun Jong-su's side defending manfully while looking to threaten on the counter.

Wu Lei fired wastefully over from 12 yards with four minutes to go as the Koreans held out under sustained pressure from the hosts and book their place in both the semi-finals and the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Colombia next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment